Malaria is one of the most common diseases in Nigeria and is often caused by the Plasmodium parasite.
Malaria is caused by the Plasmodium parasite. The parasite can be spread to humans through the bites of infected mosquitoes.
The plasmodium parasite is spread by female Anopheles mosquitoes, which are known as “night-biting” mosquitoes because they most commonly bite between dusk and dawn.
There are many different types of plasmodium parasite, but only 5 types cause malaria in humans.
- Plasmodium falciparum – mainly found in Africa, it’s the most common type of malaria parasite and is responsible for most malaria deaths worldwide
- Plasmodium vivax – mainly found in Asia and South America, this parasite causes milder symptoms than Plasmodium falciparum, but it can stay in the liver for up to 3 years, which can result in relapses
- Plasmodium ovale – fairly uncommon and usually found in West Africa, it can remain in your liver for several years without producing symptoms
- Plasmodium malariae – this is quite rare and usually only found in Africa
- Plasmodium knowlesi – this is very rare and found in parts of southeast Asia
Malaria can also be spread through blood transfusions and the sharing of needles, but this is very rare.
How Bitter Leaf Can Help
It would please you to know that bitter leaf is a great natural remedy for this disease. The magical plant contains quinine and other potent anti-plasmodic properties which have been proven severally to be effective in relieving malaria.
In fact, there are certain African countries, especially Nigeria, where bitter leaf is used in several herbal concoctions, and it works perfectly in reducing its occurrence.
However, some experts suggest that consuming bitter leaf regularly can help delay the occurrence of malaria to a certain extent so make sure you take it regularly and not only when you already have malaria.
Or Try the Quick and Easy Way With Bitter Leaf Capsules
Avoid the bitter taste of Bitter Leaf or following tedious remedy instructions, and receive all the health benefits with Bitter Leaf Capsules!
Please contact us with any further questions.